Monday, February 5, 2018

Medical Update

We heard back from the Mayo Clinic on their opinion of whether or not I should have a pneumonectomy.  As I suspected,  they believe that the risks of removing my lung outweigh the benefits, so we will not be doing that as long as I remain stable.  I've been out of the hospital a month now with no further bleeding.  If I bleed again, removing my lung will most likely be the solution, but as of right now I am good.

The bleeding was largely due to the fact that I had been sick and coughing very forcefully for over a month prior to the bleeding.  All of that pressure on my vessels and lungs due to the vigorous coughing, I believe (and the doctor agrees) caused the vessels to bleed.  So the main concern right now is to prevent illness; specifically, bronchitis or pneumonia.  

I have started slowly back at work and have cut back on hours.  Seeing as I work in childcare and am surrounded by germs, it is risky.  But I am taking extra precautions as to not get sick, and if I do get sick I will take sufficient time off to recover, so that it does not develop into something serious.  

I'm just trying to go back to normal, without having too much anxiety about my health.  I have appreciated all the prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment