Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Child Prodigy

Yes, all parents at some point in their child's life consider them to be a prodigy.  But in this case, it's true. 

Ok, so I just googled "child prodigy" and it turns out that Adalee is probably not a "child prodigy",
but dang it, I still think she's awesome!  And very talented. My Grandma Jean always put an emphasis on the arts and would take us on frequent trips to The Art Institute of Chicago.  She passed away when I was 13 but I think that she's still with us, and I believe that she is giving Adalee art lessons (in spirit, of course).  Yes, yes I know that sounds a bit crazy.  But when I watch Adalee draw I see her drawing the same way my grandma used to teach us.  I've never sat down and tried to guide her drawings, so it's very interesting watching her draw as if someone is telling her step by step.  I'm not really one to believe in ghosts...but part of me wonders if perhaps God grants visits...?  I suppose it's wishful thinking.  Point is, my grandma would be so proud :)


To most people these would look like scribbles of a toddler, but if you've ever had a child or worked with actual toddlers you would agree that she's pretty darn good.  Most 2 yr olds do not even draw a circle well.  And if you think I'm boasting, let me just say that Adalee did not start walking until 1 1/2 years old and she is over the age of 3 and still not even trying to potty train...so let me rejoice in what she is doing!



                                                                     2 1/2 yrs old 
                                                      They look sorta comic like, eh?






                                                                      2 yrs 10 months
                                     She painted a bird.  Do you see it?  The green is the "tree", the bird
                                      itself is yellow and the feet (are they called "feet"on a bird?) are pink





      This next one looks a little crazy.  But I assure you, Adalee knew exactly what she was drawing and told me what each part was, so I put a larger picture underneath, with labels.

                                                                       2 yrs 11 months
              







                                                                           3yrs old
                                                                Isn't that an awesome circle?!




Adalee draws and paints a couple times a day. I've been pretty bad about not taking pictures of her drawings, but I was happy that I at least got these few.  I am so in love with that little girl!

Oh, I am also in love with my husband and I know my next post was supposed to be about him, but it's going to be fairly long and I'm too tired to do all that tonight...it is coming though

5 comments:

  1. Oh she is good Becky! That's kinda crazy actually, she's going to be an artist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Becky. She did a great job. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Bek! She's good. Oscar's in to drawing now, too. He does faces and hair well but then he only gives them legs. :) Have no fear about the potty training...Oscar's still crapping himself, too! Argh. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's better than i am...

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's good! I'm a big fan of that last one for sure.

    ReplyDelete