Thursday, September 23, 2010

Show Me 'Dem Boobies. Please?

Adalee is now fascinated with my breasts.  It all started last week when I was in a low cut, pajama shirt-sans bra- and I caught her looking down my shirt.  "What's those?", she asked.  I thought for a minute on whether I should just say "my body" or be more specific.  She's old enough, I thought..."Those are mommy's boobies" She proudly hit her chest and said, "And these are my boobies!"

I tried to explain that she does not have boobies yet...they are for grown ups...when she's older she'll have boobies...etc.  After I told her this she got SO excited and announced  (while jumping up and down)  "Yes! When I get older I will have big boobies just like you!!" What I wanted to tell her was that mommy's boobies are really not big, so if that's the goal she's aiming for... she really better set her hopes on taking after daddy's side of the family.  But I kept that to myself.

Ever since this conversation, she's been asking to see my boobies. 

"Can I see your boobies, mommy?" 

"No, Adalee.  I'm sorry but those are private."

She then throws a fit, "But I really, really want to see them!"

"Adalee, stop that right now!  It's not nice to ask people for their boobies.  We keep our boobies to ourself"

Then she calms down, turns on the charm and says with the sweetest smile, "Mommy, can I please see your boobies... just one more time?"  The same tactic she uses when sweet talking me into giving her 5 extra goldfish crackers, is the one she uses when asking me to expose myself to her.  It's terrible.  AND I hate that word...boobies.  But because I chose that word for them I have to hear it all day long.

Last night was pretty funny, though.  I had just come out of the shower and she ran into the bedroom before I had a chance to throw my clothes on (Dan was supposed to be watching her so I could shower in peace)  When she saw me she started laughing hysterically and said, "Mommy, you aren't wearing your shirt!  You are just wearing your boobies!  That is so silly"  We both had a good laugh about that.

I guess my point in sharing this with people is that I, obviously, think it's funny.  And also, as a warning that my daughter may ask to see your breasts.  I apologize.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe this hasn't gotten any comments! This is hilarious! Oscar's interested in my breasts, too, but more so on the fact that they make milk for babies. He'll get to see them in action soon enough and we'll see what kind of an impact this will make on his impressionable little mind!

    ReplyDelete